Sunday 30 July 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.3

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.3
Fill in the blanks with appropriate Prepositions:
a. Shyam killed the snake _____ a stick.
b. His car ran ______ a dog.
c. She assured to stand _____ me in all circumstances.
d. He put _____ a jacket of black colour.
e. They are proud ______ their riches.
f. He lives ______ Mumbai.
g. Ramesh was beaten _______ by Hari for no valid reason.
h. We sat _______ the ground.
i. He fell the tree _______ an axe.
j. An epidemic broke _______ in the village last year.
k. I took him _____ a thief.
l. Manan is now rid _____ all his troubles.
m. She sat ________ me.
n. He agreed ______ my plan.
o. The lion ran ______ the buffalo.
p. He died ________ heart failure.
q. He acted according _______ my desire.
r. We did it ______ you only.
s. Shalini goes to her office ____ car.
t. Look _____ the picture.
u. He ran ______ the room and sat _______ his father.
v. They are not eligible _____ this post.
w. I did not find any exception ______ this rule of grammar.
x. She has a great passion ______ natural beauty.
y. You are very much weak _________ mathematics.
z. I am sick _____ the whole episode.
aa. He insisted _____ complaining against the officer.
bb. You are ______ conform ______ the rules of the institute.
cc. Your rules didn’t accord ________ mine.
dd. She comes ______ a very noble family.
ee. They are addicted ______ smoking.
ff. Your scheme is adverse _______ my career.
gg. The court has restored the property _______ its true owner.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment