Saturday 29 July 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 1.8

 Functional English WORK SHEET 1.8
Choose the correct part of speech to fill the blank:
A.
I really like watching old shows. _________ are some of the best things on TV.
a.Those, b. That, c. This, d. These
B. Please hand me __________ .
a. those, b. that, c. this, d. these
C. __________ is some of the nicest weather we’ve had lately.
a. Those, b. That, c. This, d. These
D. After the parade, __________ met up in the town square.
a. something, b. everyone, c. anywhere,
E. Would you like __________ to drink.
a. something, b. everyone, c. anywhere
F. I searched all over, but couldn’t find my notes __________ .
a. something, b. everyone, c. anywhere
G. __________ flavor do you prefer?
a. Whom, b. Which, c. Who
H. I heard someone at the door but wasn’t sure __________ it was.
a. what, b. which, c. whom
I. __________ do you want for lunch?
a. what, b. which, c. who
J. I slipped on the sidewalk and hurt _________ .
a. himself, b. themselves, c. myself
K. The kids rode the roller-coaster by _________ .
a. themselves, b. herself, c. himself
L. She bought _________ a new car.
a. himself, b. myself, c. herself
M. _________ am learning to speak better English.
a. I, b. Me, c. You
N. Thanks for the package! Please leave _________ on the table.
a. them, b. them, c.it
O. Ben was surprised when _________ discovered that his friends were hiding in the living room.
a. she, b. he, c. they
P. I lost _________ phone last night.
a. mine, b. my, c. ours
Q. They bought new furniture for _________ house.
a. mine, b. their, c. ours
R. We’re going to get _________ test results today.
a. mine, b. yours, c. our
S. Dan and I waved hello to _________.
a. each other, b. one another
T. The students talked to _________.
a. each other, b. one another
U. The two boys threw the ball back and forth to _________.
a. each other, b. one another
V. I’m always talking to _________.
a. themselves, b. myself, c. herself
W. John likes to do things by _________.
a. myself, b. ourselves, c. himself
X. You can do it _________.
a. yourself, b. himself, c. themselves
Y. The tallest child, _________ was also oldest, was also most outgoing.
a. who, b. that, c. whose
Z. I don’t recognize the song _________ is playing.
a. which, b. that, c. who
AA. I rode my bike, _________ has a headlight, home in the dark.
a. that, b. whom, c. which

******

No comments:

Post a Comment