Saturday 29 July 2017

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.1

Functional English WORK SHEET 2.1
Fill in the blanks with correct form of the verbs:
a. It is already six P.M. They ___________ (not arrive) yet.
b. The farmers ________ (plough) all their fields before the monsoon reaches.
c. By the end of next year I ________ (finish) my project positively.
d. _____ she ______ (go) home after Holi?
e. They ______ (climb) up the ladder when they _____ (hear) a loud sound.
f.  Sumit ______ (write) a poem when Reena ______ (enter) the room.
g. A dog _______ (bite) him, while he ______ (pass) through the forest last week.
h. Aniket ________ (read) the ‘Ramayana’ daily in the morning.
i.  We ______ (wait) for the train for last three hours.
j.  Swami ________ (ring) the bell at 5 P.M. every day.
k. The light _______ (go) out while we ______ (have) dinner in the hotel.
l.  Rohit _______ (slip) while he _______ (climb) up the roof.
m. It _______ (rain) heavily since Tuesday.
n. Rita ______ (finish) her work before Rakhi came.
o. They _______ (complete) their work just now.
p. Seema has no more books to sell. She ________ (sell) all the books.
q. Sunita _____ (hurt) her leg. She can’t walk fast.
r.  When I reached the school, the first bell ______ (already go).
s.  Only the wearer ______ (know) where the shoe _______ (pinch).
t. He ______ (play) the guitar outside her house when someone opened the window and _______ (throw) out a bucket of water.
u. _______ (not like) the movie last night.
v. Please sit here until my brother _______ (come).
w. She ______ (play) tennis since 6 O’clock.
x. My friend ________ (not see) me for many years when I met him last week.
y. They ________ (build) the bridge when I ________ (be) here last year. They _____ (not finish) it yet.
z. I wish I ______ (know) her name.
aa. When the aircraft landed, the pilot ______ (find) that one of the wings ________ (be damaged) by a shell.
bb. Look, a man _____ (run) after the bus, He _____ (want) to catch it.
cc.  If I _______ (be) a ghost. I ________ (try) to frighten all the people I dislike.
dd. He ________ (know) her a long time before he finally _______ (get) married to her.
ee. What _____ (do) you while I ______ (wash) the dishes?
ff.  I always ________ (tell) you to comb your hair, but you never (do) what I say.
gg. I hope it ______ (not rain) when the bride ______ (leave) the church.
hh. “The fire _____ (look) very serious”, _______ (say) a young soldier, “But I wonder why they _______ (not order) everyone to leave the building till the fire ______ (to be extinguished).” Suddenly a great tongue of flame _______ (shoot) out of a window on the fourth floor and the broken glass _______ (begin) to fall. I ______ (look) at the soldier and he ______ (look) at me. “Come on”, he said “We _______ (go) to see what _______ (happen) there”.     

 ******

No comments:

Post a Comment